Monday, November 9, 2009

A helping hand (and some new art too)

Hello all! It's been a while.. but I'm back.

In the midst of all my freelance work I'm doing, I like to break off and do something different. Yesterday, I was frustrated with a portrait. So instead of hauling the entire thing to my parents house to work on, I brought something else to work on. And in a total of 1.5 hours, this is what I completed:

This is Mary Kay Ash herself. She is, obviously the founder of Mary Kay cosmetics. Unfortunately, she passed on Thanksgiving day in 2001.

It's amazing what I can accomplish sometimes when I'm not doing the work I'm supposed to be doing!

Here is another drawing that I completed a while ago. This is Rich Franklin, the UFC fighter. Todd trains with him every now and then and we often see him when we go out for sushi. He's a great guy - very down to earth. This drawing is for Todd!


Rich is drawn on an 11 x 17 piece of bristol board and Mary Kay is drawn on an 9 x 12 piece of bristol board.

Also, look for me in the December/January issue of Cincy Magazine as their featured local artist. My drawing of John Wayne will be in there! To get a free subscription, go to www.cincymagazine.com or look for it on newstands.

No comments: