Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A little scare

Sunday night, I was on the way home from dinner when I got a call from a friend of mine. Turns out, one of my best guy friends had broke his neck on Friday night. He dove head first into the shallow end of a pool. Another friend, Bob, noticed he didn't come up from the water. He started to float. Bob jumped in after him and drug him out, he wasn't breathing. He proceeded to give him CPR. Thankfully he started breathing and they took him to the hospital. After 7 grueling hours of surgery and a couple days in the hospital, he's ok and coming home tonight. I love Nick to pieces, and to hear something like that about one of your close friends is so frightening. I cried when I heard. Cried when I thought about it and cried when I told my mom. Apparently, if he'd broken his neck in any other place, he'd be paralyzed. Thank God he's not.

I'm moving in about a month! I can't wait. Unfortunately, the ultimate reason is to be closer to work, but at least I'll also be closer to my friends and night life.

Procrastination has set in again. I was supposed to paint last night, and I didn't. I sat on my leopard chair and starting reading my new book. I was pretty tired though, so I passed out until about midnight.

Leah's wedding invites are done- they should be getting delivered to me on Wednesday. Woo hoo!

That's all I have to report at the moment.

No comments: