Sunday, November 23, 2008

Proud Mary, Keep On Burnin'

Yesterday was an absolutely amazing day. It was a day that made me proud to be who I am and do what I do.

In the Pink Bubble: I interviewed 2 ladies, and for once, it didn't bother me that they didn't sign. I mean, I don't need them. It happened for a reason. I had a 6 person skin care class and sold my first roll up bag, not to mention it was around a $500 class. And I got quite a few second appointments scheduled with the guests. BIG deal.

I finished that painting up - of the CEO and the COO. And I just wasn't completely happy with the end result but I couldn't look at it any longer. I stared at it for too long and I just couldn't work on it any more. So I did what small changes I could and sealed it with a protectant. I loaded it up in my car and prayed. Prayed that she'd love it even though I wasn't happy with my work.

Well, I met up with her and she loved it. Thank God. It was a great project for the experience, but I'm glad it's off my plate - it was causing me a lot of stress, because I knew it was important that it looked like the actual people. So check that off my list! Done!

I had drinks with my parents last night; that was fun. And then I saw Twilight! For the second time! I was going to go again tonight, but I don't think I'm going to. I just have so much to do before I leave for vacation on Wednesday and I'm going to my parents for dinner. I asked my mom to make my favorite meal for dinner - she did - and I don't want to seem rude and rush through it just so I can see the movie I've already seen twice this weekend. Bummer, but it's not the end of the world.

Now I've got 2 house portraits to do before Christmas. So hopefully I bust through those, and I mean fast.

No comments: