Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turning Points

Great news! I've been asked back to Fat Shannon's for another art show! So I think I'm going to have it in March. The last time I was there was back in April and I just wasn't happy with the amount of pieces I had there. There just weren't enough. Drew, a friend of mine who also has art shows there, has a TON of pieces. So, I decided to get the ball rolling and get working on some new pieces.

My friend Marley is also going to have some work of hers there too! We've decided to collaborate and have a show together. It'll be good exposure for her too. She's in DAAP, for fashion design; she's amazing at what she does. It blows my mind.

I'm going to get smaller prints made of my 24 x 36 oil paintings of the Hollywood Stars project I'm doing. Hopefully - that can get pretty pricey. I'm also working on a few art nouveau pieces.
I've also decided to go into a different direction with my large size old Hollywood movie stars project. I like what I have done, but I feel that if they were a little bit more stylized, they'd be a bigger hit. So I've got a new angle in mind. I'm not sure if it's going to work, but I've got faith. I can't wait to get some done and get them out there! I can't wait to see people's reaction. I might save them for the art show in March.

I've also decided to stop showing at the Pendleton. If all goes to plan, the Final Friday of January will be my last month there. It was a good run, but it's starting to get a little expensive. Especially when I haven't sold anything there. It's good exposure, but it's time to focus on bigger and better things. Like my greeting cards. I may finally be able to get the thing copyrighted and trademarked. Wish me luck!

My parents have talked to the owners of this cute little shop in Mt. Orab, Ohio and they've agreed to carry my greeting card line when I'm ready. So I've gotta get on it! Until I can get it copyrighted, maybe I can just focus on some artwork I already have done, shrink it down to fit on a greeting card. By golly that's it!!! I'm so doing it.... maybe I can get it done before Christmas.... no! no! no! I've already got enough to do!

Here's a doodle I've been working on when I get a little bored.. lol. It's not done, but this is kind of the road I want to go down with my art nouveau project.

No comments: