Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cincinnati... in pencil!

I've finished another portrait! A friend of mine at work commissioned me to do this for her husband.. I won't lie.. it was A LOT of work!!! Wow, the detail I had to draw was insane!

Click on the image to see it larger with detail.

I'm glad this one is off my plate, I feel a very big sense of accomplishment with this piece.

My birthday was Tuesday, and I celebrated it with my hunny, Todd. He took me to Montgomery Inn and we had slabs of ribs, saratoga chips and Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip ice cream. Amazing! And on top of that, he gave me a diamond tennis bracelet and a diamond sweetheart ring, for my right hand :) They're beautiful and I can't believe I got so lucky finding a man like him. He's wonderful.

Todd's parents actually gave me a few gifts and in return, I made them a homemade thank you card. When I conjured it up, I just thought it would be a one time thing.. but I really like the way it turned out and I think I'm going to do a line of them for my greeting card obsession.

Here it is:


The inside says ' thank you!'

I just love the simplicity of the whole thing. I have a few more at home I'll have to get up on here.

I've got new ideas for my paintings... I can't wait to get started! I'm doing a
Rock n Roll series.. the Beatles, Jim Morrison, Bob Marley, Debbie Harry. I'm going to try and get started this Thursday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I love the Cincy drawing! You need to add Hendrix to your rock and roll series.

Anonymous said...

May I say that you did a FANTASTIC job on our picture, and my husband loves it! Will definitely get you to do more!!!!

Emily