Sunday, October 11, 2009

My DIY Project

I have a shelving unit my bathroom that goes over the toilet. It's pretty handy, but the shelves have rungs and alas, many things fall right through them. So, I've been trying to find something out in the stores that I could use to put on the shelves as a solid surface. I've found nothing.. so while cleaning my apartment, I found a big piece of cardboard. I almost trashed it, and then I realized that I had some fabric lying around.. and then lightbulb blinked on! I measured the shelves, cut them out, covered them with some cheap blue satin I had. Here's the process and the before and after in pictures..

The Supplies


The Before

Beautiful solid shelves!

No comments: