Sunday, October 11, 2009

The new apartment

Like I mentioned before, I've moved again! I still have quite a few projects that I need to accomplish. (Thanks Design Sponge for the inspiration!) But I'll show you what I've done so far!

I was inspired by Amy (who writes for Pikaland) who wrote a entry for Decor8 by her use of the Expedit shelving units from IKEA. So I went hog wild and bought 2 of them! Here is how I used them:

My dresser - with the drawers for my socks and 'unmentionables' lol.



My counter space in my kitchen. My kitchen has NO counter space and is literally the hallway that connects my living room to my bedroom. I also went from 25 kitchen cabinets in my old place to 7 cabinets in this new place, so I have put my dishes and cups in here as well. In the drawers, I put my tupperware, dish towels, and other kitchen utensils.


Here's my bedroom..not finished yet - my brand new bedspread is currently bagged up and awaiting a trip to the laundromat because unfortunately it got infested with fleas! So this is my old one, but my new one matches the brown and pink pillow shams that you see now.. And I still need to get curtains and put more stuff on the walls.





Here's my kitchen.. NO counter space as I said.




That's all for now! I'll post more as I get it done!

No comments: