Friday, October 24, 2008

Weekend getaway

Do you ever have those days when you're just down? When nothing seems to go right, everyone seems to be avoiding you and you just can't get that smile on your face. You mope around the house, looking for chocolate, waiting for someone to text you, just to give you something to do to keep the bad mood off your brain. Well, that was my night tonight. I don't know what did it, but something just brought me down from the clouds.

So I started to paint to get my frustration out. It did help for a bit. I got pretty far on the commission piece I'm working on of the CEO and the COO of a construction company to be hung in the front lobby of the business. It's turning out ok, it'll be my first full color oil painting of people. This is definitely an adventure for me. A learning experience.

It's 1:13 in the morning and I need to go to bed. I have a big day tomorrow. I took the day off work to go down to Bowling Green KY for Shaw Area Advance. It's a Mary Kay thing. Pam Shaw is our national so myself and a bunch of others in my unit are road trippin' it down to BG tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait; I love to be in the space of these women. Very positive. No backstabbing. It's awesome. So hopefully while I sleep tonight, my bad mood will get wiped off my slate and tomorrow it'll all be better. I'll be coming back late Saturday night, so it'll be a nice weekend trip.

It definitely felt good to write this all out. My cat isn't exactly the best listener.

1 comment:

Lane C said...

I have days like that all the time... this is why I have a cat lol..