Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Recharging the batteries... well almost.

Just when you think you're on top of the world, some mean lady says some not so nice things to you over the phone and you get thrown right back down to the ground and you gotta start all over. Recharge the batteries and keep your chin up.

That was my night last night. Except that when I tried to recharge the batteries (which in my case is reading a book while taking a hot bath), the hot water ran out before I got enough water in the tub. So I sat there, with the water barely covering my thighs, too uncomfortable and cold to even pick up my book. Such a bust.

Earlier that night, I sat down and got out my customer profiles and started getting their referrals together and making a list of women to call. I called 17 women and of those 17, 9 said no, 7 didn't answer and 1 booked. It was a little frustrating, I'm not going to lie. Especially when 2 ladies I talked to were somewhat rude. It's the law of the numbers though.. so oh well.

Then came the bath issue... whatever, I'm over it.

Anyway, I called my wonderful boyfriend and he made me feel so much better about everything. I felt better after that and I fell asleep on the couch reading.

When it was still December, I couldn't wait for the year to be over. There was just too much of everything happening. Too much stuff going on, too much money being spent, too much food being eaten, too much, too much, too much!!!! It was insane. So after Christmas was over, I felt relieved. I finally had time to do nothing. Just catch back up on some stuff at home, nothing with a deadline. But then, the first week of January, everything kicked back up again and I feel so let down about it. I kept thinking, "I thought I was going to have way more time to just relax and find myself and get myself back on track with my jobs and my life and my spirituality! And I totally don't have the time anymore!" At least, that's what it feels like. Maybe I've just told myself that so many times that I believe it, when it's probably not even that bad. Who knows.

My Wonder Woman is almost done, so I'll be posting that soon. And maybe one day, if I'm lucky, I'll finish Frank Sinatra too. Here's hoping..

I hope everyone had a great New Years! Mine was perfect, so I can't ask for anything more.

Oh! And I just found out that I'm going to New York at the end of the month for work! I'm so excited! I'm going with my boss, who is super cool. So I get back Wednesday night, and Thursday morning I leave for Destin until Monday! 2 places I've never been before, and I'm going to both in a matter of one week! Crazy!

Anyway, back to work... until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like things are going well for you. Just remember that rejection is never final, its a challenge to you for finding a new way to get through to that potential customer.

you are a great person and worker...it will all fall into place shortly. i know of one person who supports you